Sunday, March 04, 2007

Time, Why Do You Punish Me?

(I hope the fact that I just quoted Hootie and the Blowfish is an understated indication that I may or may not be delusional and/or insane.

But, it's fine. It's fine.)

The two weeks before Spring Break are always awful. You think, "Holey Moley! (obscure V113 reference)" and "Gee whiz! Soon I'll be sipping pina coladas and getting caught in the rain on some island off the coast of utopia."

But wait!

PAPERS
MIDTERMS
BARTENDING EXAMS
SPONTANEOUS FAINTING SPELLS
RANDOM HOSPITALIZATIONS
SUMMER INTERNSHIP APPLICATIONS
TURKEY DAY

So while you're dreaming of that tan that will last for a mere two or three days once you return to the desolate, fickle, cock-tease weather of NYC, you forget that you have 300 pages of reading due for a 10 person class you have tomorrow, or that you have to write a book. On amoebas. Are you even a science major? You're a theater major? I didn't even know I was ENROLLED in this class. Fortunately, the universe has been super kind to me this semester, and I only have one midterm (Cake. French cake.) a final draft of a paper, and another 4-5 page paper due at the end of the week.

And praise to the Heavenly Lord of Hosts that I HAVE TWO FULL WEEKS WITHOUT A GLIMMER OF REHEARSAL. Here's to Varsity-Show-Free thoughts. (Pffft, as if that will ever happen.) In the words of Mark Junek, I get to "be a real life person."

Here's to living for the weekend. Goodbye, February 26-March 4. You have made me a better, more sleep-deprived person.

No comments: