Monday, November 06, 2006

Fall Break My Spirit

(exhale)

Well, October, you were not my friend. Midterms, Melodrama, My Show Not Getting Rights...

You sucked.

But, lately, I've been looking on the bright side and balancing the whole thing. Producing TTB/Two Weeks was the best decision I have ever made, and one of the best college experiences I have had thus far. I have met some incredible people. I have never laughed or cried or partied as hard as I have these past two months. I am genuinely thankful that I had this opportunity.

That said, I'm looking forward to not working with MTI for a while.

Enter Varsity Show!

I'm interviewing for the Assistant Producer position in the next couple weeks. For whatever reason, I am so completely invested with the idea of being a part of 113. We can ignore the fact that I will also be producing LateNite more or less by myself, and that I will in all likelihood be on the NSOP 2007 Committee. And taking a full courseload. And figuring out how I'm studying abroad Spring 2008.

This weekend is Fall Break. I had every intention of spending every waking moment in Avery among the horribly pretentious Columbia grad students, but I went to Connecticut on a whim instead. Which resulted in one my favorite college memories. I can't think of a better group of people to spend time with. I really needed the time off, and I'm ready to face the rest of the semester (more or less) mentally intact.

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is already two weeks away. I'm already discussing Spring Break plans (cross-country road trip in a Winnebago). There's so much to look forward to. Including pit tickets to Death Cab and Ted Leo on Wednesday.

And for the first time in quite a while, I can say that I'm happy to be where I'm at. That's a good thing.

No comments: